Thursday, October 23, 2008

well done

Speaking of duty, my cousin Cooper made the front page of the Washington Post today for his work in the Peace Corps in Mizque, Bolivia. He's been there for two years, working very very hard for the benefit of those he's grown to know and love there. He and the rest of the Peace Corps volunteers were evacuated from Bolivia a month ago and the program was dissolved. Cooper chose to return to Mizque to finish his work there. He'll be back to the United States in February, most likely, and I cannot wait to see him when he returns. I'm so proud of him and his dedication to the work he's done.

Well done, Coop. Well done.

Policy and Passions Collide in Bolivia

2 comments:

McKenzie said...

that's amazing! I'm proud of him and I don't even know him! lol.

Bryan said...

That is awesome! Talk about a life altering decision in more ways than just the outcomes.

Powered By Blogger