Tuesday, February 13, 2007

you can't stop me now

I feel like I haven't stopped moving since I got here; and today, it finally caught up with me. I haven't felt fully awake all day. I think it's going to be early to bed tonight.

We had another busy weekend. Our friend Ryan came into town. He's studying in Dublin and caught a flight over for the weekend. It was so good to see him again, and it gave us an excuse to go and do more touristy things we'd been wanting to do... not that we really needed an excuse... We went to Harrod's, Hamley's toy store, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, back to Burough Market... I can't even remember the rest. No wonder I'm exhausted.

This week's been nice so far, just as busy. Our student Oyster cards have finally come - which means that I get a discount on tube passes, which will save me a lot of money. I've spent so much already. It's just a very expensive city to live in. But it's nice to know that the money isn't going to be flying out of my wallet as quickly. Our mission recently has been to do anything and everything that's free. Olivia and I scored free tickets to "Love Song" last night with the theater class. We're not in it, but they had extra tickets, so we went along. It is an amazing show with an all star cast (Cillian Murphy, Kristen Johnson, Michael McKean and Neve Campbell) that left me so thoughtful and really inspired.

We officially passed the "vacation" mark. It's been almost two weeks now that we've been here - it's starting to feel less and less like a holiday and more and more like I am here for the long haul. I'm beginning to feel like one of the crowd in the Tube and on the streets. I still feel like I stick out a little, but it's becoming less and less the longer I'm here.

I haven't had time to load my pictures onto my computer recently, but when I do, I'll be sure to add photos to some of my posts.

more soon,
b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany,
We're so pleased that you are having a wonderful time in London! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow (it's probably already Feb. 14 where you are). Is it the commercial big deal in England that it is here? We got some snow today. the kids had to go in this morning, but by 9:30 we heard they were getting out 3 hours early. Jesse came home and shoveled the driveway and the sidewalks but they need to be done again.Sigh.. Fortunately, Brian was able to work at home today and avoid the mess coming home. Yeah computers! We are really enjoying your blog and hearing about your adventures. Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, Aunt Laura, Uncle Brian and Jesse

Bethany said...

Valentine's day is just as big here as it is at home... they were already advertising candy and chocolates when we got here at the end of January...

I've been tracking the snow at home - it sounds like you got totally dumped on. I still get emails from the school system from when I was still in high school, so far, Ryan's been pretty lucky!!

I'm glad you guys like the blog, it's fun to write... I love getting comments too!!

Happy Valentine's day to you too!

Anonymous said...

i loveddd Long Song!!
misss you!!

Hilary Gates said...

Bethany
How fun to live through you! Keep it up... I am so proud that you are reveling in this opportunity and appreciating your good fortune. Tell me more about the journalism parts!
xoxo
Ms. Gates

Powered By Blogger