Tuesday, January 30, 2007

in London at last

I made it. It's hard to believe that I'm here and that I'm actually sitting in my flat right now. It took so much to get here.

I lost my passport for a brief moment Sunday night - it actually turned out to be still at my uncle's house. I was lucky. I thought I was going to die. There was intense hysteria and explosive crying, until I called Cliff and realized that I had not in fact lost it for good; it was actually just an hour drive away in Raleigh. It was enough to set me over the edge though, and proceeded to remain frantic and overwhelmed for the rest of the night. I was able to pick it up from them on our way to the airport... so it all turned out. It was a little bit too close of a call for my taste, however.

But I'm here! The flight was easy - it was so empty that we were all able to have a row of 5 seats to ourselves. I could stretch out and ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep. It's now about 7:45 pm in London, and I want to fall over sideways and never wake up. I'm so exhausted. But I've managed to stay awake, with only a brief nap on the 2 1/2 hour coach ride from Gatwick airport to our flats in Little Venice.

Our friend Canden took us around tonight. We went to our first pub, then decided to be touristy and had fish and chips for dinner. It was really yummy.

Tomorrow we're going grocery shopping and getting a new SIM card for my phone and then we're taking a walking tour of the area that we live in... should be fun!

more soon,
b

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

You're so "London" now, I love it. Say hi to Big Ben for me!

Powered By Blogger