Friday, March 9, 2007

crunch

It's been a crazy time since I've posted last. I know I've said so many times that I've been busy, but it's reached a new level. Before, it was a touristy busy, filled with running around from place to place to see the sites. Now, the real world has caught up with me, and work and school have taken over my life.

I have two papers due this coming week, before spring break starts on Friday. I've almost finished one, but haven't even finished the book that I need to review for the second one. Today, my day off, I'm going to spend typing and reading. Not really how I want to spend my free day during the week, but I've been putting it off and putting it off to have fun and see people, and it's time to actually do work.

This has been the week of visitors. Alex, Mandy and Olivia's friend from home, has been here all week and leaves Sunday. My friend John from home was here earlier in the week before heading to Paris on Wednesday. And now Olivia's boyfriend Sam is here for the next week until the 18th. It's been so good to have familiar faces. I've been a little homesick recently, so being able to have people from home come to me really helped.

We spent the morning in Greenwich yesterday for class. We didn't get to stay long, but it was so beautiful, I really have to go back. The Maritime Museum was really interesting, they have so much stuff. We hiked up the biggest hill ever to get to the Royal Observatory and took our campy pictures on the Prime Meridian. It was fun to be goofy and touristy - I stood in two hemispheres at once. It was pretty cool.

Earlier this week I had my first big even at my internship. I recently found out that my official position at the ENO is 'PR intern' which explains why I'm hardly interested in what I've been working on and why I don't really get to work with the press department. But I just keep plugging along, doing my best and keeping my eye out for a project that I might be able to assign myself. But on Monday we had the event for La boheme. I really got to take charge of it. I had to put together tickets and drink vouchers and then got to personally hand the packets to all the invited guests. That was neat, because I got to meet a bunch of MPs (Members of Parliament) and a few Lords and even a Baroness. I stayed for the show when my friend Canden and her friend Jonathan from home came and watched it with me. It was a long day, I didn't leave the block for like 13 hours, but I actually ended up having a lot of fun. I think I just need more days like that.

Tomorrow we're taking a big class trip to Bristol, Bath and Stonehenge. It's going to be a long day, starting at like 7.30 am, but it should be super fun. I'll be sure to post on that with lots of photos!

more soon, cheers,
b

No comments:

Powered By Blogger